The Peterson People
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Tennis Time!
Sports are an interesting subject in our house. Neither Ken nor I particularly care to watch/follow any sport beyond the occasional baseball game or the Olympics. We also didn't grow up being particularly sporty...Ken played some basketball and I mainly stuck to tennis and a little volleyball! Now in our adult life we are definitely into athleticism but more in the way of leisure - taking a hike, biking along a trail, beach
frisbee
, swimming in a lake, etc. So when it comes to the kids we haven't really jumped up and down to get them into sports like football or basketball mainly because of our own indifference to those traditional sporting choices. But we are definitely a family on the move, so this summer I decided I needed to sign my kids up for some type of sport to keep them moving. But paying $150 each for a week of various sports camps was such a big turn-off. Maybe I'm just new to the world of sporting but it just seems like too much of an investment. Thus the idea to give the kids tennis lessons myself was born!
Two rackets + 21 tennis balls + mommy coach = $40 = Way better than $300!!!
Here are my little tennis
prodigies
:
Good form Leah! (Ready Position)
Levi wants tennis to be baseball...but I'll work on him ; )
My little ball hoppers!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Newer Post
Older Post
Home
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment