Thursday, July 9, 2009

Beach Bums and Swimming Sweeties

We had two favorite pastimes while in California after our big Disneyland adventure - beach bumming and swimming. The kids LOVED the wonderful sandy beaches in California and the sunny weather.

Here's our attempt at an "us" shot - those never exactly turn out the way you want!
Here are the kids at Huntington Beach experiencing big California waves. Of course they couldn't experience them too much because I banned them from going in over their knees!





Levi was in sand heaven...we're still finding sand on him from all his rolling around and sand angels.


A rare occasion where Leah sat on her towel instead of being in the ocean or sand. Ken and I, on the other hand, really enjoyed our towels!

Levi's sand creation!


This is at the Santa Barbara Beach. The kids found a little shrimp thing...still not sure exactly what it was.



Santa Barbara had less waves and lots of boats. We ate lunch out on that pier to the right!



Here's the pool! Both kids are such better swimmers this summer. We were so impressed! Even Levi swam the whole length of the pool without a flotation device.






On our deck longing to go swimming!

Thus concludes the beaches and pools part of our trip!

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh, sandy beaches..maybe if I close my eyes right now I can pretend I'm there too...only it's not working because there are little people right behind me yelling "Mommy, Mommy, Noooooo, that's Mine!!!!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so fun and beautiful!! I need a vacation!

    ReplyDelete