Leah and Levi accomplished two "firsts" for the "baby" book on our trip to California - First time flying and first time at Disneyland. It was my first time at disneyland too (don't forget to add that to my babybook mom). This post will take you through these two amazing firsts!
Three Peterson "boys" on the plane. (Ken's parents Ted and Naomi came with us on our trip. It was so much fun traveling with them!)

Leah and grandma! (This was before the plane took off. I couldn't take any pictures during the first part of our flying adventure because my dear daughter was holding onto my arm for dear life. She warmed up to the idea eventually!)

Mom and daughter!

Oops, mom and daughter again...I can't figure out how to delete this!

Ted and Naomi in front of our resort!

After a day of flying we settled down to a nice dinner at Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. Unfortunately, Levi was too tuckered to enjoy the experience! (Yes, he's really asleep!)

Ken, on the other hand, was not too tired!

This begins our day at Disneyland! Levi refused to turn around for a picture so grandpa joined him in facing away!

Since we'd arrived at 8 a.m. (opening) there were no lines for Splash Mountain. Thus began our adventure of traumatizing our children on rides. Ken hadn't exactly remembered all the details of this ride since he hadn't been to Disney since he was 10ish. So we whisked our kids down the path and loaded ourselves into the log all smiles for our happy little log ride. The nightmare that ensued was, well, let's just say we made it out alive but honestly I'm surprised our kids went on another ride all day. They did not appreciate the thrills of Splash Mountain. (A little background...L&L have really only been on a few kiddy rides at the fair. And all of you who know Leah, know that she can be, well, very sensative to discomfort).
Here's Leah proud that she's tall enough...when I look at this picture I feel a little sick inside about how much she hated this ride!

A little Winnie-the-Pooh therapy brought the kids back to The Happiest Place on Earth.

Leah does not like roller coaster but can't get enough of the tea cups. I, on the other hand, hate the tea cups but could do Splash Mountain all day.

The famous princess castle!

Minnie Mouse's House

This is our favorite. We came around a corner and there was Mary Poppins and no line waiting to see her!

Ice Cream break!

The Buzz LightYear ride (Leah's favorite)

It's Small World (the song still runs through my head at least 10x a day)

Cooling off in a fountain!

The Little Mermaid (cracks me up that Levi has his arm around her all awkwardly)

We had MANY more pictures of Disneyland but I decided to spare you all too long of a post. We were there for 11 hours total and the kids had a blast! Here they are that night while watching the fireworks at Disneyland. Unfortunately, Levi didn't quite make it...again!
Tune in next time for more California posts!
Hey, we are going to California at the end of the month and staying at that WorldMark resort too!!
ReplyDeleteThat is an awesome post Hannah! Loved it!! I love seeing how happy the kids look....Disneyland really does have that magical feel to it, doesn't it? I totally want to go now!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you guys had fun--I thought of you often! :)
It looks like you had a fabulously fun time! I still can't believe this was your first time at Disneyland, Hannah!!!
ReplyDeleteLooks like a great time at Disneyland!! I love that you want your mom to put that in your babybook!! You are giving your kids amazing memories!!
ReplyDeleteHey - where is your baby book? I think you have it! I will take care of this update the next time I'm in town:)
ReplyDeleteWhat a super adventure you all had - hurrah for such memorable times.
Love - Mom Sonia/Gram B.