Thursday, April 2, 2009

Thank You Lord for Cheeto!




Any of you who may not know Cheeto, he is one of the two cats we received as part of our generous mom-n-dad-moved-to-Romania inheritance. Out of the two cats, he is the one we enjoy the most. How can you not love a fluffy orange "Garfieldish" kitty? When I say we enjoy I mean the kids and I mainly as Ken is rather indifferent to our pets. Although even Ken admits that Cheeto is "better than Victoria" (the overly fluffy grey kitty who always insists on sitting on the computer when you're typing and kneading her claws into your pants, especially if you're wearing nice pants or a dress).

Well as of today, Cheeto has now gone from a pleasant pet for us to competing with things like the Wii or the TV for the proclaimed position as MVP (Most Valuable Possession). Tomorrow he may very well earn that title! For you see, poor Cheeto had to go to the vet today and you all know what that means. He's been losing weight at a fairly quick rate and laying around a lot so it became apparent something was wrong. Now the tests have been run...and the waiting game begins. Just how valuable will Cheeto become?

Through this experience today I realized two things: 1) Watching mommy cry (yes, there were some tears) is very entertaining to children. They've talked about it since we left the vet and asked me over and over again why I cried. I think I'll cry more often if it will keep them so intrigued! 2) I am so thankful for my wonderful mom who was at the receiving end of my tears and so soothingly shared with me about some of her vet experiences and how they didn't ruin her life (thanks mom!) She even shared how Ron Kangus or Ed Marks shared at a conference once about a large vet bill and how they felt at peace to just take care of the Lord's animals. So today I'm saying thank you Lord for our pet Cheeto. Tomorrow...well I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

P.S. The kids decided to play kitties when they got home, inspired by our experience!

1 comment:

  1. I'll be praying for little Cheeto. I know from experience how family pets become true members of the family and how difficult it is when they become sick. Hang in there! Shawn and I both shed a lot of tears over our precious Haley.

    ReplyDelete