Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Entry-By The Man On The Worn Out Couch

Sitting on my worn out couch, chewing a piece of trident gum that has long since lost any flavor that it once had, I start to blog. I cause my brain gears to slowly turn and experience slight discomfort, yet not enough to slow the steady increase of brain gear speed. My first question is, what is a blog? I found the answer at dictionary.com, "To write entries in, add material to, or maintain a weblog." Yes, I say this qualifies. I feel like a student, yea a college student writing in my virtual blue book. Oh the anxiety. I think I smell something burning or is it just in my mind? I suppose that one who blogs really does not need any one to read the blog to make it an official blog. However, due to the fact that some people are actually interested in what my wife and children are up to I must stay vigilant over myself.

Please if you have read this far and find any vexation from what you have just read stop. On second thought if I can control tiny bits of your activity now soon I may be able to control large bits. I fear that my blogging is a tragedy, I desperately hope that I have not fallen out of favor with any precious people who might be reading such a repugnant blog entry as this is. I seem to recall that my 3 older sisters have a way with blogging that I may never have. I suppose even if I were to stand high upon a very tall shrub I still could not reach the heights that have been set before me. I may just sit forlorn on my worn out couch with my tasteless chewing gum and hang my head in shame. Ah, a grinding sound between my ears awakens my mind. I recall hearing that it takes a long time for the frontal lobe of a male's brain to develop. Perhaps I say, yes perhaps this is the reason for my blogging misstep. I feel the weight of failure lifting off of my tired body like that of a large lunch lady that had fallen on a unknowing and certainly unwilling kindergartner.

So, as my blogging comes to an end, I feel fine. I feel all was not lost and I may have gained something from this so called error. I will look back on this with inquisitive eyes seeking for something to grasp. If you actually read this I commend you for your excellent perserverence and apologize for any feelings of regret that I may have caused you. I humbly express my desire to go to bed without folding any laundry....

6 comments:

  1. You are such a creative writer! I am so sad that your blogging career is coming to an end just as I find out about your blog! :( But we can still keep in touch in other ways...right?

    P.S. Your kids are SOOOOOO cute!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. it does appear, despite your obliviousness to it, that you my brother, are a natural blogger! your random ramblings are precisely what blog readers near and far are looking for while they scan the web for endless hours blogging about the mundanness of their own lives! blog on far away brother, blog on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First I would like to thank the little people for making this possible. Thank you so called cute ones! I feel encouraged! I may just have to take the virtual blogging stick out of Hannah's tight grasp every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blogging effort! It amused me greatly, as our far away sister said, I was 'out scanning the web' in my boredom. Entertain me some more, I insist!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ken, I believe there are many glimmers of hope for you, especially in the area of dendrite growth. Even if the the questionable condition of your frontal lobe is the explanation for your distress over blogging (and the grinding and burning sensations - hmmmm...), be very encouraged that by persevering in the blog challenge you will likely gain new neural pathways, something one must certainly celebrate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello uncle. You are good at that! You should keep writing! (no, seriously, keep writing. You amuse me.)

    ReplyDelete