Sunday, April 19, 2009

My big surprise!

The best surprises are the ones that are really a surprise! Past birthdays for me have included some surprises...like certain unsuspected presents. Or the surprise in not knowing the exact style or color the dress mom always liked to buy me [to mend my "jeans-girl" ways] would arrive in. But this year for my 30th birthday I can say I think I had the surprise of my life!


The day started a usual Saturday of cleaning house anticipating the late afternoon frog-hunting adventure I had arranged with Trudi. Because it was my birthday Ken asked me to bring the kids to the mall and meet him for lunch at Azteca. We arrived at Azteca and were promptly escorted to a table. As we rounded the corner we were greeted by a bunch of crazy party-goers, AKA my family. After hugging mom, dad, Preston and Autumn (Jona and Christy couldn't make it this time) I was seated in my birthday girl chair and offered wonderful Hawaiian leis to complete the festivities! The scrumptious lunch was followed by an afternoon of shopping with mom and Autumn and more fun at home (complete with pizza and milkshakes). The best part of my birthday surprise was just being surrounded by my family again. Now that we live far apart I really miss the times of laughing to tears and stories and all the goofy quirkiness that the Bringhurst side of the family offers our gatherings. Thanks mom, dad, Preston, Autumn and of course, Ken, for making my 30th birthday so memorable. And thank you Lord for a family that loves You!

Here are some pictures of the grand occasion (in a very random order because I'm a bad blogger!):

The love of my life (AKA The-Keeper-of-the-Secret)

Mommy and daddy (AKA The Instigators)


"Pres-boy" bonding with his little prodigy




Audi and I (post-showers) and our matching tank tops



















Some group shots of the Bringhurst craziness!










3 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Looks like you had quite the party. Those Bringhurst's are quite the crazy bunch, but you gotta love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, Hannah! :) What an awesome birthday! I'm so happy to hear you had a great day :)What a wonderful surprise :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy birthday Hannah!!! welcome to the 30's club :). So glad you had a fun birthday, family is the best!!! REally fun pictures :)

    ReplyDelete