Saturday, April 4, 2009

Cheeto's update

I told Ken I thought it was silly to blog too often because our lives really aren't that interesting, but here I am again. I didn't want to leave poor Cheeto's situation up in the air for those of you who might be concerned or maybe just feel like reading about the Peterson People because you're really that bored.

So I got a call Friday from the vet asssistant and the information was rather vague. His white blood cell count and liver enzymes are elevated. What does that mean? Well, they aren't sure exactly...basically that information takes us from there being hundreds of possible illnesses Cheeto could have to around 15ish. They feel like there is something going on with his liver, whether it's a liver disease older cats can get or kitty hepatitis (did you know there's such a thing?) The vet kindly recommended we bring Cheeto in for an ultrasound to take a closer look at the liver. Yes, cats apparently can have ultrasounds (and it only costs $400). Our dearest Cheeto, however, will not be having that ultrasound at this time. I am asking the vet to give it his best guess and start a treatment. We love Cheeto but...$400? Just to maybe find out something? Sorry Cheeto! (Please don't throw tomatoes at us cat lovers!)

2 comments:

  1. Next it will will be a CT scan...sorry:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't read the peterson people because im bored... I read it because if i don't, my turn on the computer ends for the day! Haha jk. u guys are interesting!

    ReplyDelete