Sunday, December 6, 2009

Thanksgiving Take Two! (Petersons)

So, after our wonderful Bringhurst Thanksgiving in Pullman (still feels weird that my family lives there) we enjoyed preparations for our Shorline Thanksgiving with the Petersons. My job was to bring drinks and rolls! I used to always (as in pre-kids, pre-school, pre-teaching) bake bread or rolls for big events like this, but baking has taken a back burner in the past few years. However, due to the pressure of wanting my children to experience the joys of making things, I told the kids we were making our own rolls this year. Then, because I said that, we had to actually do it!

Here are my baker's man and baker's girl ready to roll:
Learning the art of kneading!
Trying some raw dough...squishy!

The trial batch turned out yummy! This is the part where I'll confess that I forgot to add eggs to the recipe. Funny this is, it didn't matter. They were mmm mmm good. But for the "real thing" I remembered the eggs!

This is on Thanksgiving Day making batch #2. Punching the dough is a perfect job for Levi!


Here we are at grandma/grandpa Pete's house. Levi, Leah, Tobias and Cerise were put in charge of name tags!
Everyone snacked on goodies brought by the Atch's (thanks Dan and Trudi!)

And, finally, everything was ready to go. The most brilliant part of the Peterson spread this year was the paper plates and plastic cups. The "kids" of Ted and Naomi thought that having less dishes would equal more fun for all. They were right!

See us having fun?

Another wonderful day with family where we left feeling full of turkey and full of appreciation that the Lord gave us such a wonderful family.

No comments:

Post a Comment