Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Zhu Zhu Pets are so Overrated...

I'm not usually in tune with the holiday season in the toy department but, being an avid craigslist snooper, I happened to run across the season "hot toy" the Zhu Zhu pet. The Zhu Zhu pet was, of course, going for sums of $30-$40 on craigslist the day before Christmas because stores everywhere were sold out of the furry interactive hamsters. I just chuckled to myself when I clicked on this link http://www.toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=3888417 and discovered they go for $9.99 in stores and there were inevitably people out there actually buying them for $40 so they could put them under the tree for their longing children. But the best laugh I got was over the fact that we, unknowingly, got our own interactive "Zhu Zhu Pet" in the form of a real, live and very interactive hamster Levi purchased with his own money. He named her Rosa (after the popular "kitty name" the girls in his class fight over at recess). Yep, in this family we refuse to be trampled at Walmart on December 24th as the last box of Zhu Zhu pets are opened and people dive toward the poor, underpaid Walmart employee to grab the last Chunk, Squiggles, Numnums or Pipsqueak. But our kids are far from deprived of hamster lovin' these days.


No comments:

Post a Comment