Saturday, September 5, 2009

School Sweetness!

Forgive me if this post isn't what it should be as my brain has been working overtime after a wonderful summer of working "undertime"! Two weeks ago I had no job and we were happily enjoying our summer, when suddenly I "got the call". Shoreline offered me a job teaching a 5th/6th split class in a job-share. (Background: I did a job-share last year so I only had a halftime contract with Shoreline so they only had to offer me another halftime position upon recalling me). Of course I accepted the position, despite rumors of bigger or better positions possibly coming in the future, then proceeded to lose about a week's worth of sleep wondering if I was making a good decision (I really wanted to be fulltime this year). Well, long story short, it all worked out and I actually ended up being offered a second halftime job equalling a fulltime position. My second job is working as a support teacher in a 2/3 split class that's majorly overloaded with 33 students. So that's my story of job-seeking and finding and I'm happy to say I survived my first week and am even working on catching up on my loss of sleep!

So then after my week of job drama, it was time to send Leah and Levi back to school. Leah started 2nd grade on Wednesday. She is in a 2nd/3rd split class this year (splits are a reoccurring theme in our family this year) and is enjoying sort of feeling like a 3rd grader. She misses her best friend Emilie who did not end up in the same class, but was excited to hear they will be doing choir together so that helps.

This is Leah and I on our first day of school: Then on Thursday, Levi got to start Kindergarten. He's been so excited to join Leah at Highland Terrace for the past couple years, I knew his transition would be great. He has a wonderful teacher who I know from working in the district and even has a few friends in his class.

Here he is leaving our house on the first day:
Here's Levi with Ingrid (Yaku) who we know from our church meetings. They're in the same class!

Learning to line up in the correct spot! (check out all those parents sending their kids off!)


Waving "goodbye"! Note the big guy behind Levi. He's from Levi's preschool...he's HUGE!



Later little buddy!


Levi had a great day and can't believe he has to wait three days to go back. We are all happy to have started school. Let the chaos begin!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment