The Peterson People are drowning in fruit this year...we love it! Not only is the fruit yummy to eat, fun to share and pretty to look at; it's also very entertaining (more on that in another post). Despite one crop (cherries) that was robbed by the birds while we were in California, we had great success with fruit this year.
Here are some of our crops:
We reaped exactly one blueberry from our brand new blueberry bushes. More on that next year!

This is Leah showing off the blackberries she found behind our shed. Um, Leah, there's something on your teeth!

Levi shows off the Italian Plumbs...this is the first year the plumb tree produced fruit!

Here are the two pear trees! We haven't eaten one yet - just a couple more days!


And lastly, our beautifully grafted apple tree. This tree actually produces 4 types of apples all in one tree. Pretty amazing!

And even though there is some debate about whether tomatoes are a fruit or a vegetable, I remain on the "fruit" side so here are the tomatoes:


When I think about fruit-bearing I can't help but think of all the verses in the Bible that talk about bearing fruit. I hope this coming year we will be bearing more than just physical, edible fruit.
John 15:4 "I am the vine; you are the branches. He who abides in me and I in him, he bears much fruit; for apart from Me you can do nothing."
No comments:
Post a Comment