Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Twinkies and Snow

This weekend was very memorable. For those of you who care please read on, those who don't, don't but if you do I must ask why? You don't even care yet you read, maybe you need help. Anyway, we started off Sunday with a happy meeting with all the saints as we hope to every Lord's day. Then my friend and brother Ben and I rode our mountain bikes from Greenlake to my house in South Everett. I must say that that was pretty fun, we even earned a dirty look from a lady we zipped by on the Burke Gillman trail. By the time we arrived at my house we had gone 26 miles and were pretty hungry as we did not eat lunch yet. After eating a tasty lunch we decided we needed to have a campfire in the ol' fire pit. This sparked a memory! Oh yes!!! We need to roast Twinkies! And so we did.
As you can see in the picture above Ben and I are roasting Twinkies. Now, I know that some people who are wrong most of the time don't like Twinkies, please remember that those people are wrong most of the time which leaves few things like taste in food a thing to be right about. Twinkies are great by themselves, however everyone who is anyone knows that when you roast things they only get better.
Now when you roast a Twinkie the outside shell becomes nice and crunchy. This crunchiness gives it a wonderful SNAP-O-RIFFICNESS to a normally soft Twinkie. If you have not yet roasted a Twinkie I must say that I am firstly sorry that you are missing out on one of life's finer things. Secondly I must say GET TO IT!!!
In the above picture one can see the sheer delight of one who is about to partake of a roasted Twinkie. You too can be delighted by a roasted Twinkie.

The next day I went on a hike with my family and my sister Lori her husband Erik and one of their 4 children Eliora. We hiked to Heather Lake which is just out past Granite Falls by Mount Pilchuck for you north westerners. The trail was 4 miles round trip with an elevation gain of 800 feet. Nothing to fancy but a great hike for the kids.
We started off just as happy as can be and were blessed with some cheerful sunshine!!
At this point Erik and I decided to stand in a tree. It was lots of fun and I recommend it to anyone who has not yet stood in a tree. Oh and then I decided to point at a guy walking by and say "Hey, I am pointing at the guy in the red hat!!!". Erik thought that was lots of fun too.
Here the kids decided to stick the hike out a little longer. (that is for Mr. B because he is so punny)
Then we found the snow!!! I knew some hikes still had snow but I thought we would be safe here as it was a bit lower elevation than the other hikes I looked at, but I was wrong. I even called the Ranger Station in the morning but got their voice mail and they said they would get back to me the next day. Oh well, good thing we like snow.
Here is Leah and me liking snow!
And Heather Lake was Glorious. We approve.

P.S. Why in the world did the silly blogger thing underline some of what I wrote here and not the other? Strangeness.

1 comment:

  1. What a great family picture at the lake! The lake is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete