Saturday, May 2, 2009

The Lord is Faithful!

I know many of you have heard about the state of education across the country. Here in Washington funding for schools is being cut dramatically for this coming fall. In the coming months many teachers will be laid off due to these budget cuts. As a new teacher my chances of being laid off are fairly high (in fact out of every teacher in my district I am the 2nd to last person on the seniority list). It's been really interesting for me to watch the reactions of all my colleagues to the possibilities of layoffs, class sizes increasing, special programs cut, etc. All day at work anxiety and negativity surrounds me regarding these matters. I however, have felt such a peace about this coming fall. I know it's because I have the Lord and have experienced His faithfulness throughout my whole life. No matter what happens, God wants to gain my heart and draw me closer to Him. I know that whatever happens it will be according to His will and purpose for me. Hebrews 10:23 "Let us hold fast the confession of our hope unwavering, for He who has promised is faithful."

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your post! I have a verse on my fridge that Eli wrote out in 1st grade that I need to be reminded of every day. It will probably still be there when I am 80. "God will take care of tomorrow, live one day at a time."
    Thanks also for your money saving tips comments on my blog. Who would have thought back in High school that 12 years from now we would be discussing ways to pinch pennies. Pretty funny! Hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Hannah! what a cute family you have :) I found your blog through Laneysas. Are you on Facebook?

    ReplyDelete