Because I am human, yes it is true, I have a need of entertainment. Along with this entertainment comes some amount of humor and even oddities, thus the last post I did was well, a bit odd I suppose. But everything dries up with time. The first time you hear something funny it may make you laugh, but by the second, third, forth, fifth or sixth time it may not be so funny. Eventually if you hear that joke too many times you will begin to hate it. Now, not everything is this extreme, but deep within every human is a longing for satisfaction. Man is looking for something to satisfy. There was a famous French scientist named Blaise Pascal who said that there is a "God-shaped vacuum" within man. No matter what man fills himself with, if it is not God it will not satisfy that deepest part within man Pascal called the "God-shaped vacuum". So this leads me to my post in regards to my REAL enjoyment, which is a wonderful living person who is both God and man and satisfies my deepest parts, Jesus Christ.
This last week I have been impressed and touched by many things, one of which can be found in Mark 8:22-25, these verses are:
22. And they came to Bethsaida. And they brought to Him a blind man and entreated Him to touch him. 23. And He took hold of the hand of the blind man and lead him forth outside the village. And He spat on his eyes and and laid His hands on him and asked him, Do you see anything? 24. And he looked up and said, I see men, for I see them as trees walking. 25. Then again He laid His hands upon his eyes, and the man looked intently and was restored, and he began to see all things clearly.
I have been coming back to this portion over and over this last week breathing it in as God breathed it out. Here Jesus comes to a man who is lacking sight and others are even entreating the Lord to restore his sight for him. But the Lord does not do it right away, first He takes the blind man by his hand and leads him outside of the village. In my experience I have found that when I am lacking in sight I need to go to a quite place, somewhere where there are less distractions to have personal contact with the Lord(Matt. 6:6). We all need to have time with the Lord outside the village so He can restore our sight.
When the Lord restored the blind mans sight He spat on his eyes and touched them. The spit came out from the Lords mouth, this to me is like His word which proceeds out of His mouth. I need the word which God breathed out(2 Tim. 3:16). I also need His hands to touch me. So when I come to the word I need to touch Him in the word. That is to touch the Spirit which is the word, by taking the word "by all means of prayer and petition"(Eph 6:17-18). When I do this I receive sight, but my sight may not be so clear. So I need to continue to come to the Lord outside the village in the word and by the Spirit. If I continue to come to the Lord in this way surely my sight will be restored little by little and I will begin to see clearly. The divine seeing comes from Him alone.
-KP
No comments:
Post a Comment