Thursday, January 19, 2012

Our Surprise Week Off (a.k.a. Seattle's "Snow Event")

The Great Snow Event of Seattle (a.k.a. Snowmageddon and Snowapocalypse) is upon is! Here are some of the highlights.

Way back four days ago when we only had a couple inches of snow, a giant snow viking was built. Here's Leah sitting on the middle snowball, which Ken had to cut in half to hoist onto the bottom ball:
After a couple hours (and the kids quitting on us in the middle), we finished our snow viking (Ken named him Ottar):

As the snow kept falling, L&L experimented with creating snow jumps (we have a flat yard so it was their attempt to get some use out of their sleds):
As they played, Ottar started looking stranger and stranger as the snow continued to fall:
Within the next couple days, we suddenly found ourselves buried in 9+ inches of snow. Wanna come sit on our yard chairs?
Days of cabin fever have resulted in finally getting a picture of one of the hummingbirds who frequents our feeder:
Last night we were so stir crazy we ventured out to sled at night:

L&L practiced their snow survival skills...just in case:
The snow is still falling like crazy and we have now missed 3 days of school! Even though we have to make up these days, I have to say, it's really fun to watch the snow fall and make snow memories. I really want the kids to grow up with snow memories just like I did!

2 comments:

  1. Ha! Hail to Ottar and his kingdom! I am so glad my grandchildren have such excellent survival skills - and fantastic parents! Happy snow days:)
    - Love, Gram B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like SO MUCH FUN!!! I love Snow Days! Ottar is quite Amazing!

    ReplyDelete