Saturday, January 14, 2012

Legos and Crafts!

As I've mentioned before...our house is full of construction...kid construction! I got tired of L&L's legos being in one giant bin, which they had to dig through and/or dump to find things. So over winter break, I did this (they are organized by color and type of piece. Plus there's another smaller drawer organizer not pictured containing things like weapons, wheels, etc.):



Much better - doncha think? Organization was followed by brother/sister bonding time. They had to complete the lego challenge of the week (from a web site I found), which was to create an engineering marvel. They chose to make a bridge:




In other craft news, we discovered that you can make your own stress balls from a balloon filled with four. Cover it with another balloon for the "bubble" head effect.



Leah named him "Bob":





Another day of winter break we made duct tape journals. The colors of duct tape you can find these days is amazing! Here's Levi's (which he crazily decorated with stickers):



Leah and friends made the journals as well as No Sew Pillows. They turned out so cool and we are planning on making craft day a new winter break tradition!




We love us some crafts in this house!



No comments:

Post a Comment