So, I admit, I've been a horrible blogger lately. Ah, but don't fear for summer has almost arrived. And hopefully for me that means, a little more time to do the things I enjoy...like blogging. We've had many adventures this spring so I thought I'd do a post that gives a brief overview. I apologize, in advance, if it ends up being not-so-brief.
In April, Ken's sister Amy arrived with her five children, including her latest additions Aislynn Chu-Chu) and Amari (Mimi) who we all fell in love with.
Here are some of the bigger cousins all bonding before we had a family picture taken:

Here's Amy holding Amari who was still warming up to all of us strange Petes.

Leah was awesome with the babies - a little mommy. Leah and Aislynn:

After Amy's visit, I got to fly with her and all five kids to their new home in Florida to be reunited with Pauly!! Here's the family all together again:

These are my toes enjoying the sunshine at the famous Tampa beaches. My first time seeing the Gulf of Mexico! BEAUTIFUL!

A sideways Chu-Chu and Mimi:

Then that same week I went to Florida, I grabbed the fam and we travelled to Pullman. Christy took some family pics, which turned out wonderful, and my mom stole a snapshot with her camera:

I got to bond with my nephew Nathan, who was only 6 weeks old last time we were in town. Now he's 8 months!

All the Bringhurst were together for a meal. It's rare to have us all in one room:

Cousin time...doesn't get any better than this. "The Peterson's Eat Their Food!" (Levi's famous line from that trip to Pullman. It was ironic he shouted this because he's such a horrible eater!)

Chillin' with Uncle Jona and Cousin Caleb in Palouse:

Jona and Caleb:

As spring went on, Ken became a cook of the finest (and biggest) chocolate chip cookies around:

And Levi consumed a donut the size of his head:

And then Grandma B. came to visit and to attend Leah's final concert of the season with the Seattle Children's Chorus (Nice flowers mom!)

This is Leah and I chillin' after the concert. I sure am proud of my little singing girl!

That brings us to today where my children finally got to experience sunshine and their first water balloon fight of the "summer" (we all know it's probably going to rain tomorrow).

That little schemer is up to something...

More blog fun to come!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment