Wednesday, June 23, 2010
It's summer...now what?
School got out last Friday and before I even had time to breathe a sigh of relief, I had weekend company in the form of my wonderful parents. Their visit, of course, was very welcomed and fun! They left on Monday and Ken went back to work Tuesday and suddenly it hit me...IT'S SUMMER!!! Teachers, as I've come to realize, really look forward to summer...crave it even! At the same time, it's weird. Yes, I said weird. Less than a week ago I was waking daily at 6 a.m., rushing my kids to their grandparents' house, heading to one school to teach for three hours, then to another to teach a completely different group of kids, picking up my own kids after school, whirling through afternoon activities, homework and dinner, possibly relaxing for a few minutes or more likely correcting a stack of papers, then finally closing my eyelids to catch some Zzzzs before the cycle started again. No disputing that my life less than a week ago was busy - hectic even. But since summer came, I've realized that I feel a little lost without that crazy schedule. Today I kept wondering what to do. Every time I sat down to read or spend time on the computer, it was a few short minutes before I jumped up and folded some laundry or put dishes in the dishwasher. The day seemed to last forever. I guess I'm not used to spare time or sitting still. I'm not complaining - just saying that I think I know what it would feel like to, within a matter of seconds, be plopped into a strange and unfamiliar new world. Thank goodness for this blog...I now filled another 20 minutes of my day! Happy summer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment