Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Me as a Teacher...

My students take the pictures of our classroom "happenings" for our class web site. I usually don't end up in them because naturally kids like taking pictures of kids. But when downloading pics last week, I found this one and it reminds how much I love teaching. I'm standing in my favorite part of my classroom...the reading corner. It has a gigantic mirror surrounded by patriotic colored lights, our social studies map of Lewis and Clark's exploration west and of course, the cursive alphabet above. If you could see the ground, you'd see the awesome colorful pillows my kids read on and a giant stuffed Cheetah I bought to honor our school mascot. The pillows really are awesome because they are soft, yet completely waterproof because they are meant for outdoor lawn chairs! I love all the little touches I put on my first classroom...most of all, I love the kids I teach! I'm only a few days into my winter break and I already kind of miss teaching...kind of...


No comments:

Post a Comment