So in my mind Spring Break at home = projects I never have time to do any other time! So yesterday was the first official day of Spring Break and Ken and I made project plans. His big project plan was to finish hanging the new blinds in the kids' room (mission accomplished). My big project plans are two-fold. First, I decided that every day of break I have to accomplish at least one large, organizational task. Saturday I cleaned up our desk area which sadly was strewn with papers from school (I know...you're thinking, didn't she graduate last June?) Yesterday, I organized the horrendous collection of kids' art supplies. Then my second project plan consists of a couple sewing and quilting projects, one of which led to this post.
My sewing project for Leah was inspired by the new love of her life - a doll lovingly named Kaylee Ann. This is not just any doll. This is her long sought after American Girl Doll that she begged for for over a year and finally helped purchase right before she turned 7. Anyone who knows AG dolls could confirm that while they are wholesome, quality and tons of fun for girls, their clothes and accessories run on the expensive side. So I had this brilliant idea that maybe if I just sewed little Kaylee some clothes I could save a little money. Easy right? Just whip out a few little dolls outfits during my spare time on Spring Break? HA! Yesterday I spent from 3:30 - 8:30 cutting, snipping, fitting, sewing, hemming, gathering, ironing, the list goes on and on. I am still shocked at how complicated a pattern for tiny little clothes can be! I mean I knew I wasn't a seamstress...my experience sewing is very limited. I really wasn't prepped for it being so involved! The good news is, I did successfully complete a wearable dress for little Kaylee. What did I learn? Sometimes the $25 plus shipping is worth paying for! But sometimes putting such glee into a little girls' face is worth the five hours of my time too.
oh hannah, you are such a good mommy!!! Leah is so cute!!!
ReplyDelete